Portage County COVID-19 Relief Fund Criteria
Fund Priority: To provide funding to organizations in Portage County working with community members who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and the economic consequences of this outbreak. These funds will provide these organizations with resources for individuals and families negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic as described below including, but not limited to:
- Food insecurity
- Education interruptions
- Employment reductions
- Housing vulnerabilities
- Medical access
Anticipated Funding Phases: Multiple phases of funding are anticipated to address both the acute needs now and the longer-term impacts of the outbreak and recovery.
- Phase one of rapid-response funding will prioritize community-based organizations which are serving individuals who are immediately and disproportionately suffering from this crisis.
- The main goal in phase one is to help meet acute basic needs and help increase resiliency in Portage County.
Funding decisions will be made based on the highest areas of need determined through ongoing communications with non-profit agencies and social sector serving agencies.
Organizations Eligible to Receive Funding:
- 501c3 nonprofit organizations
- Other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations and other public entities
- All organizations MUST use funding for those living within Portage County
Organizations Not Eligible to Receive Funding:
- Labor Unions
- Hospitals and clinics
- Pre-existing needs
Funding Schedule: Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis. The goal is to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases.
Award decisions will be made by noon every third Friday beginning May 29. Applications must be submitted by 5 pm the Wednesday before for consideration.
- All organizations who receive funding are required to submit a follow-up form within 3 months of Portage County COVID-19 Relief Funding.
- Follow-up form must be completed before additional applications can be submitted.
Accepting Requests Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020.
Awards announced beginning: Friday, March 27, 2020
The above criteria may be subject to change at any time based on community response to the COVID-19 crisis.