The Major Projects cycle at the Community Foundation supports the growth and development of a community project that makes a major impact in Portage and/or Waushara counties.
This cycle will fund up to one project annually in the range of $25,000-$50,000.
- Arts & Culture
- Helping People
Applications Open: May 15
Applications Close: June 15
Organizations may only submit one Major Project application per year.
- Nonprofit agencies, organizations, or government entities that are state and federal tax exempt
- Established community groups wishing to complete a community program or project for the benefit of the general public of Portage or Waushara counties
- Unique community programs or projects for the benefit of Portage or Waushara counties
- Capital Campaigns
- Operating expenses*
- Projects in which CFCWI funds will provide more than 50% of total project budget
- Endowment Funds
- Debt retirement
- Requests for emergency funding or other financial shortfalls
- General solicitation requests
*Organizations are eligible to apply for one Major Project per year, as well as the Community Foundation’s fall and spring Community Grants process for general operating or other programmatic support.
Declined projects are invited to apply to the CFCWI Spring Community Grants for up to $25,000.