WOMEN’S FUND GRANT POLICIES
WFPC’s mission: “The Women’s Fund of Portage County empowers women philanthropists by creating opportunities to fund programs that develop the full potential of women and children.”
The Women’s Fund of Portage County is a Field of Interest Fund within the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin and is a collaborative initiative of Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation, the Stevens Point Area YMCA and the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin.
The Women’s Fund annually funds requests which offer assistance to non-profit organizations that foster opportunities for the economic, educational, physical, emotional, social, artistic and/or personal growth of Portage County women and children of all ages, cultures, nationalities, races, and abilities.
- Applicants that are consistent with our mission
- Non-profit agencies, organizations or governmental entities that are state and federal tax exempt
- Established citizen committees, groups or individuals wishing to complete a community program/project for the benefit of the general public of Portage County
- Annual fund drives, capital campaigns, or general solicitation requests
- Establishment of, or contribution to, endowment funds
- Requests for emergency funding or other financial shortfalls
- Debt retirement
- Travel or honorariums
All grant applicants will be notified upon final approval of the Women’s Fund Board of Directors and the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin Board of Directors by early May.
Women’s Fund grant applications open January 15 and close March 1.
Our grant application process is entirely online.